AMITIE FRANCO RUSSE LANGUEDOC “AFR” – is NGO based in France, Languedoc province, Agde city and acting locally, regionally in cooperation with EU and neighbouring countries. The organisation’s primary goal is to develop young people and youth workers by providing them with various opportunities involving different nationalities to learn deeper European culture, traditions, people, and new educational tools.
We started in 2013 as a small enthusiastic group bringing our organisation’s values to our community. At that time, we focused on intercultural learning through meetings, exchanges, visits, learning events, thematic workshops and language study visits.
1. Young people aged 18-30 from France and Languedoc province;
2. Youth workers, NGO activists and youth leaders from France and other partner and programme countries;
3. Local residents of Languedoc province, who live in France but have different cultural backgrounds, come from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Turkey, Portugal, Spain, North Africa and the Middle East. We provide them with opportunities and guidance in order to include them in French society, increase their level of hard and soft skills, and share the values of our organisation;
4. Children and teenagers from 6 to 18. We organise educational programs, summer and winter camps. With us, you can stay close to nature, learn the French language and cuisine, cognize French culture, be active and healthy;
We believe that learning is the engine of progress and working on changing the world in a positive way.
– Promoting human rights.
– Inclusion of minorities, people with different cultural backgrounds and the ones with different abilities.
– Promoting ecological lifestyle and outdoor-oriented approach in education.
– Spreading ideas of critical thinking and media literacy.
– Empowering youth from remote and rural areas by providing opportunities and developing young people skills and knowledge.
In order to achieve the objectives described above, we do:
training courses; youth exchanges; local thematic workshops; events, festivals; seasonal camps; excursions; language study visits; International picnics off/online workshops;
“AFRL” comprises active members who want to bring some positive change on a local and international level. The organization consists of youth, youth leaders, professional youth workers forming the core “AFRL” and more than 20 members from all around France and abroad led by Larissa Capuano. We are building our network to increase positive influence and create better cooperation between different countries.
Our vision encompasses tolerance, which includes the equal treatment of all around us, regardless of nationality, religion, age, race, social, physical, or other limitations.